We Are Committed to Protecting You
The health and safety of our team, customers, and community is our top priority amid concerns surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus). As many of you know, Houston had been placed under a “Stay Home, Work Safe” order. Our bank is considered essential to both businesses and consumers during this time, and we are following precautions by staffing our banking centers appropriately.
- Our Brittmoore and West University Banking Centers are open by appointment only, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our motor banks – Pasadena, NASA, Clear Lake, Baytown and Rosenberg – are open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Safely Access Your Account From Anywhere Using Online Banking
We strongly encourage you to use our Online Banking and Mobile Banking service to manage your finances during this time. Our digital platform allows you to check your balances, deposit checks, manage your debit cards, transfer money, and more. If you have not enrolled, visit our homepage to register.
Exercise Caution When Opening Emails or Giving Personal Information Over the Phone
Unfortunately, scammers take advantage of unsuspecting victims during times like these. We encourage you to rely on trusted sources for information. Be on alert for scams, such as phishing emails. Do not click on suspicious emails or give sensitive information over the phone. Remember, Texas Citizens Bank will never contact you to ask for your social security number, account number, or personal information.
Additional Safety Precautions Across All Texas Citizens Bank Locations
- We have assigned a team to monitor the latest health news from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Our cash-handling bankers have been asked to wear commercial-grade nitrate gloves.
- We are communicating regularly with our employees and asking them to stay home if they feel sick or are returning from recent international travel.